Participant Information- Build a Windsor Rocker with Greg Pennington1
All chair materials are provided for $185. Please bring a check for Greg Pennington to class.
I always encourage you to bring your own tools but I will have many extras to borrow:
- draw knife…..8” or 9” antique or from www.barrtools.com, Country Workshops, or Lie Neilson.
- spokeshave….. flat and round bottom…..stanley 151or Boggs style from Lie Neilson, or Lee Valley
- Scorp/ Inshave……www.barrtools.com or Country Workshops
- Travisher……Peter Galbert or Elia Bizzarri
- 6 degree tapered reamer…..Tim Manney or Elia Bizzarri
- cabinet scrapers, straight and curved
- 12” ruler or straightedge
- Dead blow hammer…best hammer is from Home Depot (orange)
- metal hammer
- 6′ folding rule with extension.
- Marking guage with a pin not a wheel.
- sliding t-bevel
- combination square
- bevel boss
- 18 volt drill
- japanese saw….crosscut and ripping
- smaller bench chisels
- Large gouge with a flat sweep #3
- Veiner carving tool #11-7mm
- carving mallet
- pencils and sharpie
- poster board
- heavy gloves
Lie-Nielsen Toolworks extends a 10% discount to our students, please contact them for more details.
A fully catered lunch is served every day and drinks and snacks are provided all day. Please let us know in advance of any special dietary needs. It is a good idea to make your lodging reservations well in advance.
Call or email me or Kelly with any questions on tools, materials or design and please check the web site for any updates.
www.kellymehler.com | Kelly Mehler (859) 986-5540 | email@example.com