SUPPLY LIST for
Chair Class with Peter Galbert
* Drawknife- an old one is fine if it is tuned up. Barr Tools has a good one that comes sharp. It is his chair-makers drawknife # DKCB
* Spoke shave
* Scorp- Barr Tools makes a good one called the Mike Dunbar style scorp
* Bevel square
* Combination square
* Dead blow hammer
* Scraper - curved and card
* Poster Board for patterns
* Pencils, Notebook and Camera
Optional: (don't feel like you need to run out and buy these)
* Marking gauge - not one with a wheel
* Hand Plane (#3-#6)
* Hand saw, preferably a Japanese Ryoba
* Folding rule with extension
* Work gloves
* Travisher- try www.handtoolwoodworking.com Pete will have some extras
* 6 degree reamer- you can make your own or get one from www.handtoolwoodworking.com Pete will also have some extras.
* Bevel boss (plastic version is fine)
* Protractor- a plastic one will do
* Large flat carving gouge
* Small carving gouge or veiner for carving the 1/4" + or - gutter in the seat (11/7 Sweep is good)
* Quick action clamps
* Cordless Drill
Barr Tools: www.barrtools.com
Highland Woodworking Bodger line of turning tools: www.highlandwoodworking.com
Note: If you choose to take both the Turning & Tuning and the Sack Back Armchair classes, the total materials fee will be $165 (not $265) because you will use the turnings from the first class to build the chair in the second.
Questions: If you have any questions about buying tools for this course please contact Pete at email@example.com or (978) 464-2956
A fully catered lunch is served every day and drinks and snacks are provided all day. Please let us know in advance of any special dietary needs. It is a good idea to make your lodging reservations well in advance.
Lie-Nielsen Toolworks extends a 10% discount to our students. Please contact Lie-Nielsen for more details.
If you have questions, please feel free to call or email Kelly
(859) 986-5540 firstname.lastname@example.org