Jeff Miller Mortise and Tenon class
* Chisels - A set from 1/4" to 3/4" or 1" is ideal
* Mortise Chisels - 1/4" and 5/16" Different from 'regular' chisels, these are specifically designed for chopping mortises by hand, and are essential
* Marking Knife
* Steel rule - 12 or 24 long, with markings in 32nds.
* Tape Measure - A 10 foot one is fine.
* Square - 4" to 6" in size, with a steel blade.
* Marking Gauge - Jeff prefers the kind with either a scribing disk or a knife over the kind with a point.
* Tenon Saw - 14 to 16 in.
* Mallet - For striking chisels.
* Shoulder Plane - Also called a shoulder rabbet plane, or a cheek plane.
* Router Plane - The Vertias and Lie-Nielsen router planes are both great tools
* Safety goggles or glasses - Essential!
* Dust mask - The disposable kind with two straps.
* Earplugs or ear-muff style hearing protectors.
A fully catered lunch is served every day and drinks and snacks are provided all day. Please let us know in advance of any special dietary needs. It is a good idea to make your lodging reservations well in advance.
Lie-Nielsen Toolworks extends a 10% discount to our students. Please contact Lie-Nielsen for more details.
If you have questions, please feel free to call or email Kelly
(859) 986-5540 email@example.com