Participant information Roubo bench with Jameel Abraham
The school will supply and pre-mill all the "select & better" hard rock maple for the bench - including the wood for vises. The materials cost does not include the vise or bench hardware. You need to discuss your vise choices with Jameel and or Kelly and make a decision at least 90 days before the class - so we can have your wood ready. The bench width is a nominal 24" wide and no more then 8' long. You have a choice of a 4' thick split-top or a solid top.
Do not hesitate to contact Jameel or Kelly with any questions.
Tools to bring to class
* 6" rule
* 12' or small tape measure
* 6" combination square
* Marking or cutting gauge
* Winding sticks
* Straightedge, metal or wood, 24"-36"
* Two or more pairs of medium-size dividers.
* Jack plane
* Jointer plane
* Smoothing plane
* Block plane, adjustable mouth, low-angle
* Large router plane
* Large shoulder plane
* Rabbeting block plane (large shoulder plane will suffice, but bring the rabbeting block if you have one)
* Bevel-edge chisels 1/8" to 3/4"
* 1-1/2" paring chisel
* Cabinet rasps or joinery floats
Striking & Fastening Tools:
* Chisel mallet
* 16 oz. hammer
* Deadblow hammer
* 10", 12" or 14" brace
* Auger bits (at least the 3/4")
* Brad-point bits (1/16" up to 1/2")
* Birdcage awl
* Dowel plate
* Drawbore pins, one pair
* Flush-cut saw
* Plunge router with edge guide.
* Bring your standard sharpening kit.
* Gloves. I like the kind with the fingers dipped in rubber. They shouldn't be loose.
* Paraffin wax to lube plane soles, and for drawbore pins
* Bandanna, hat or towel if you sweat easy!
* Belgian Ale for the instructor.
A fully catered lunch is served every day and drinks and snacks are provided all day. Please let us know in advance of any special dietary needs. It is a good idea to make your lodging reservations well in advance.
Lie-Nielsen Toolworks extends a 10% discount to our students. Please contact Lie-Nielsen for more details.
If you have questions, please feel free to call or email Kelly
(859) 986-5540 firstname.lastname@example.org